Nitro Sibir Australia is a manufacturer and full-line supplier of explosives products. On every trip in or out of the Kalgoorlie Explosive Reserves, trucks are required to weigh each axle group. Without their own weighbridge at the compound, each Nitro Sibir truck was travelling to the public weighbridge located in West Kalgoorlie and paying a sizable fee each time.
This system was inefficient and costly so Nitro Sibir asked National Weighing & Instruments to design a solution.
As the client’s trucks range in size from 4 – 5 axle groups, a flexible solution was required. National Weighing & Instruments recommended their Group Axle Weigher System with a Bilanciai DD2050 Driver Terminal, custom-designed software and printer. This provides the driver/operator with a fully automated and efficient weighing experience.
The system also includes 4 Bilanciai loadcells and 2 Norsk Remote Displays – 1 for each end of the weighbridge.
How it works
The new Nitro Sibir weighbridge uses an automatic static weighing system with integrated traffic lights and a visual display. The traffic lights have been installed on either side of the load cells approx. 30m apart to accommodate multiple axle groups.
To weigh each truck:
- A green traffic light is activated as the truck approaches the weighbridge.
- The truck parks the first axle onto the platform which triggers the minimum weight threshold, turning the traffic light red. This alerts the driver that the truck must remain stationery while the measurement is being taken.
- This process is repeated as each axle is driven onto the weighbridge for weighing.
- Once all axles have been weighed and the truck is completely past the platform, the driver goes to the terminal to enter their name, the company’s name and the vehicle’s registration.
- A receipt is printed and the driver is free to go while the traffic lights reset to green for the next truck.
Having a reliable, onsite weighing system has streamlined Nitro Sibir’s systems. It’s also paying for itself as the company no longer needs to pay for each truck to use the public weighbridge. They are now in the process of upgrading their weighbridge software to make the entire process more streamlined – especially at night.
That’s one of the benefits of choosing a National Weighing & Instruments system. Customers can start with a basic set-up which can be easily modified or upgraded to suit their evolving requirements.
We supply a full range of weighing systems, maintenance, repairs and calibration services. We’re also experts at designing customised weighing solutions for our clients’ unique applications. For assistance, contact your local National Weighing & Instruments office here.